Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Still not use to this...

So, as you can see I am already slacking on keeping up with this blog!! I promise I will get better as time goes on. 

To update you on what has been going on since last post....

I had a bad week at Weight Watchers! I gained 0.5 pounds!! I know what you are thinking...a half of a pound is nothing, but to me a gain is a gain!! But I basically expected it because I got out of the habit of recording my daily points in my WW app. I thought I was doing a good job on keeping up with my points in my head, but obviously I did not do that good of a job! So lesson learned from that....take the minute it takes to put the points in my app!! Hopefully I will have a better weigh in on Monday! 

I am running in the Color Run this Saturday here in Memphis with 2 of my best friends, Cecilia and Allison!! If you are not familiar with what the Color Run is, click here to learn about it.  This will be my first 5K in a VERY long time, but I am really looking forward to it!!!! It will be a great time exercising while getting tie-dyed by colored powder!! This is a short video of what the Color Run is about...



I was not having a good day on Monday because well...it was Monday, so I decided when I got home from WW I would go for a run to blow some steam and clear my head. I was texting back and forth with my sister-in-law Melissa about my weigh-in and told her I was going to go running, and she asked if I wanted to run with her. My first thought was not really because 1. I never really ran with someone other than Ricky, who I might add tried to kill me by pushing me way past my limit to where I almost got sick in the end!! Note to self...do not run with my fiancé!! ;-) And 2. Melissa has been running a lot longer than I have. I told her I didn't want to slow her down and everything, but she said that we would go at my pace and everything, so I agreed. She walked my niece, Presley, over to my house and then we went running while Pres played with Lucy and Daisy (our dogs). Melissa has a 2 mile route that she does, so we just did that. (Now keep in mind I am just starting to get back into running because I stopped months ago.) I won't go into the details of the run, except that we probably ran like half of it and fast walked the rest. It took us about 30-35 minutes. I really enjoyed running with her because it made me push myself more because I wanted to keep up with her as best I could. I will definitely have to start running with a partner more often because it is more enjoyable, even though we still listened to our music and talked some!!

Now onto school and wedding planning....

School: Well the good news about school is that I am officially on Fall Break as of 3:00 this afternoon!!! Yay!!! Bad news is I have spent the rest of the day today finalizing my TPA paper that I will submit tomorrow night at my seminar!! I should be still working on it right now instead of typing this blog, but my brain and eyes needed a break from it!! The other bad news about school is that I still have to study for my last Elementary Education PRAXIS test tonight because I take it in the morning. So basically tonight is going to be a VERY LONG NIGHT!!!! But after all that bad news....the good news is that tomorrow at this time I will have taken my last PRAXIS exam AND have submitted my TPA paper, which means all I have to focus on between now and graduation is...TEACHING!!! YAY!!



Wedding planning....
Well I have not done much for wedding planning lately except make a list of things that I need to get done because they were suppose to already have been done!! Like our save the dates...they are suppose to go out in like 2 weeks and I have not even ordered them or selected a picture for them!! Ricky's sister Christina is coming in town this weekend to go bridesmaids dress shopping after the Color Run, and she has a really good camera that takes great pictures, so Ricky and I are going to take a few pictures to choose from to put on our save the dates. I am looking forward to going dress shopping with all of my bridesmaids this weekend!! Erin and Christina are both coming in town to go!!! I am so blessed to have such a great group of girls to be by my side through all of this wedding stuff!! 



Well I think I better get back to finalizing and studying so I will be able to get some sleep tonight! I will update after the Color Run and hopefully I will have some pictures from it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment