So after going back and fourth on whether to join the blogging world, I decided to give it a try! I am not exactly sure how everything works yet, but I will figure it out as time goes on.
My goal for this blog is talk about my journey through planning a wedding, finishing up student teaching, and reaching my weight loss goal before my big day!! But first, I will explain a little bit about my life...
My fiancé, Ricky, and I have been engaged for 5 years this coming up December!! I know what you are thinking, what has taken so long?!? Well, we just wanted to wait until we were both done with college and all of that good stuff. We have finally set the date of May 25, 2013 to begin the next chapter in our lives as husband and wife!! I cannot wait to marry my best friend!! With the wedding less than 8 months away, I am in the middle of all of the planning! I have the major details set and down payments down, but now it's time for all of the small details of the wedding like flowers, cake, church decorations, reception decorations, bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, sending out Save-the-Dates, thinking about invitations, bridal registry, etc.. If I would have known there was so much involved in planning a wedding, I think I would have saved the money and stress and eloped!! haha
Ricky graduated from the University of Memphis this past summer with a degree in Accounting. He has applied for a few jobs, and has had some interviews also. Keep you fingers crossed he hears from at least one job soon!! In the mean time, he is a waiter at Red Robin until he gets another job. I will graduate in December from the University of Memphis with a degree in Teaching All Learners, which is Elementary Education K-5 and Special Education K-12. I am hoping to find a teaching job after I graduate or at least substitute to get my foot in the door.
I am in the middle of my last semester of Student Teaching in Kindergarten!! I really wasn't sure if I would enjoy kindergarten, but I love it!! It is a challenge for me everyday, and I am constantly learning something either from the kids or about the way I teach. I have an amazing mentor teacher who has taught me so much about teaching kindergarten and just teaching in general! I cannot wait until I have my own classroom!
So in between student teaching, lesson plans, final papers, and wedding planning, I am finding time to get back into running and eating healthier so I can reach my weight loss goal of 20 pounds before the wedding!! Thanks to my sister-in-law, Melissa, I joined Weight Watchers, and it was seriously the best thing I have done for myself! It has taught me so much about what I would eat and how I need to eat! I have lost 7.2 pounds so far! So I am slowly getting closer to my goal! I am in the process of getting back into running. I wasn't able to go the past couple of days due to getting over strep throat (Oh the joys of being with 20 kindergarteners all day 5 days a week! ;-)) I am running in the Color Run next weekend with one of my best friends, Cecilia! I know I will never be able to run with her the whole way, but thanks to her, I signed up for it and I will complete it no matter how long it takes me!! I am really looking forward to it and getting back into shape!!
Well, that is a little bit about me and my fiancé and what this blog will be about! Hope you all will enjoy this blog, and I will do my best to keep it up to date!
No comments:
Post a Comment