Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's all starting to feel real...

Ok, so I know I haven't blogged in a long time! So, here it goes...

Before I get you all caught up, I have to talk about today since it was one of the best days I have had in a long time!! I had my 3rd observation of teaching today, and with it being Donuts with Dad day this morning and some of my kindergarteners had 2 donuts, it went really well!! The kids were a little chatty, but what 5 and 6 year olds are not chatty, especially when they have 2 donuts. I don't know what it was today, but today really made me realize that I am meant to be a teacher! I absolutely LOVE my kids and teaching!! Every day is so rewarding just to know that I am helping students with one of the most important things, in my opinion, education!!
After school, I came home to my wedding dress!!! YAY!!! It was all in one piece with no hole, rips, tears, ect.!!! The wedding is finally starting to feel so real!!! 
This evening Ricky and I took pictures for our save-the-dates, that are suppose to be going out Friday (Ooops!!). Thanks to a great friend, Amanda, Ricky and I will get to choose from a lot of pictures for our save-the-dates!! Amanda was so patient with Ricky and I, since we were not the most cooperative couple...well, actually it was more Ricky than me, but oh well!! ;-) 
After we took pictures, Ricky and I went to dinner, Best Buy, and YoLo!! It was one of the best nights we have had in a while, since we really have not had many nights just hanging out lately because of all of my school stuff! I cannot wait until we get married and we get to be with each other every night!! 7 months from tomorrow!! 

So to catch up on other things...

I did the Color Run with one of my really great friends, Cecilia. We decided we would run to one color, walk to the next, run to the next, etc. since I forgot my inhaler in the car. I know smart move huh? In short, we ended up walking the majority of it because of me. We did end the race by running to the finish line. I kept telling Cecilia to go ahead, but like the great friend she is, she stayed walking with me. It was so great to catch up on everything, and just spend some time with her!! She also shared some good pointers on getting back into running that will help me out a lot! I am so blessed to have such a great friend to stay with me the whole time!! Here are some pictures from the Color Run...




After the Color Run, we went bridesmaids dress shopping with ALL of my bridesmaids!! I am so excited they ALL found a dress they liked!! I am so blessed to have had all of them in town to go shopping!! Then we had a girls night out. It was so much fun!!! We missed Melissa because she could not make it, but next time she will have to come with us! 

I am completely done with my huge TPA paper, and it has been submitted!!! Yay!! Now the wait for it to get scored!! I have also completed all the steps to prepare for graduation! I cannot wait! It will be here before I know it. Until then, I just get to focus on teaching my kindergarteners and enjoy them while I am with them! I have some cute activities planned for some upcoming lessons with them that I think they will really enjoy and am looking forward to it!! 

So in all, everything has been going great! I feel like weights have been lifted off of my shoulders when it comes to school, but the weights are getting added on when it comes to wedding planning! But I will get through it! I promise I will try my best to update more often! Off to try my wedding dress on and then to bed!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment